December 18, 2018
The North Union Local School District has received the following awards from the Ohio Department of Education.
2018 District Momentum Award - North Union Local School District
2018 Building Momentum Award - North Union Elementary School
2018 Building Momentum Award Year 2 - North Union Middle School
2018 High Performing School of Honor - North Union Elementary School
Any Ohio school or district is eligible for the Momentum Award if it receives straight A’s on all Value-Added measures on the report card. The school or district must have at least two Value-Added subgroups of students, which include gifted, lowest 20 percent in achievement and students with disabilities.
High Performing School of Honor
Throughout Ohio, there are many schools where each and every day students are being challenged, prepared and empowered. Today, Ohio is recognizing 67 schools with a substantial proportion of economically disadvantaged students (40 percent or more) for reaching high academic achievement.
To be a High Progress School of Honor, a school must:
- Be a Title I recipient or Title I-eligible school and serve 40 percent or more economically disadvantaged students;
- Show gains on its combined reading and math proficiency rate in each of the past five years (between 2014 and 2018) that meet or exceed the 90th percentile of all statewide gains (subject results are combined and aggregated for grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10);
- If a high school, show gains in its graduation rate over the past five years (between 2013 and 2017) that meet or exceed the 90th percentile of all statewide gains in graduation;
- If applicable, the overall Progress grade must be an A or B for each of the three most recent years (2016, 2017, 2018 report cards); and
- Have a Gap Closing grade of A, B or C for the 2017-2018 school year.