For the safety of our staff and students, the North Union Local School District is pleased to announce that we will begin using the Raptor Visitor Management System. The system has been acquired to help protect our children by tracking visitors, contractors, and volunteers who come into our school, thus providing a safer, more monitored environment for the students.
What to Expect
- Upon entering each district building, visitors will be asked to present a government issued ID such as driver’s license or passport.
- Your ID will be scanned or entered into the system at the counter in the office.
- Once cleared, you will sign and receive a pre-printed badge.
- You will be directed to the appropriate location.
- This badge must be worn at all times when in the building.
- When in the building you are only approved to go to the specific location requested. You should not go to any other area of the building without returning to the main office for approval.
- When leaving, return to the main office, turn in your badge, and sign out.
What if I do not have a US Government ID?
- If a parent or guardian for any reason does not have a US government-issued ID, the school staff member can use an alternate photo ID.
- In this case the visitor must present their non-US government photo ID as well as a second ID with their name on it, such as a bank card or credit card.
- As long as we have two forms of identification, one with a photo, we will manually enter the person’s name into the Raptor System.
What does the Raptor System do?
- The Raptor system will identify registered sex offenders, and they will not be permitted to enter the building.
- The Raptor System checks the visitor’s name and date of birth for comparison with a national database of registered sex offenders.
- The registered sex offender database is the only official database checked by the Raptor system. No other data from the ID is gathered or recorded and the information is not shared with any outside agency.
- Once entry is approved, Raptor will issue a badge that identifies the visitor, the date, and the purpose of his/her visit.
What if I am picking up my child early?
- Upon entering a district building, visitors will be asked to present a photo ID such as a Driver’s License or passport.
- Your ID will either be scanned or manually entered into the system.
- Once cleared, your child will report to the main office from their current location.
What about evening events?
- We will not be scanning IDs for events held at the buildings after school hours.
The safety of our students is our highest priority and the Raptor Visitor Management System provides a consistent way to aid in keeping our schools safer. Thank you in advance for your support of enhancing school safety protocols in our schools.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the building principal or the superintendent.