To enhance communications between the school and parents, North Union Local Schools has implemented a telephone, email and text message broadcast system called Instant Connect. Instant Connect enables school personnel to notify all households and parents by telephone within minutes of an emergency or unplanned event that causes an early dismissal, school cancellation, or a late start. The service is also used from time-to-time to communicate general announcements or reminders.
- Edit your notification preferences (elect to receive voice calls, text messages, or both)
- Add, edit, or remove alternative phone numbers and email addresses
- Review prior messages
- Send a test notification to yourself
You will need to enter your email address that you have on file with the district, then click the “Existing Account” button. You will receive an email with a link to review your settings. If you need to change your primary phone number or email address on file, please contact your student’s school.
When used, the service will simultaneously call the phone numbers in our parent contact database. The service will deliver the message to both live answer and answering machines. Unanswered calls and busy signals will be automatically retried twice in 30 minute intervals after the initial call.
Here is some specific information you should know.
- Caller ID. The Caller ID will display the main number for North Union Local Schools or the phone number for your student’s school if it is a school-specific call.
- Live Answers: Please answer your phone as you normally would by saying “Hello” immediately. The message should start playing right away. Please do not talk while it is speaking as sounds may cause the message to stop and then start over when it hears silence. Inform all family members of this process who may answer your phone. Note: If you have unavoidable background sounds that are causing the message to stop and restart repeatedly, you can press the Star key to have it start again from the beginning without repeating. If you must answer with background sounds, you might also put your hand over the mouthpiece of your telephone to prevent the system from stopping and restarting.
- Answering Machines or Voice Mails: The system will detect that your voice mail has answered and will play the recording to your machine or voice mail.
- Message Repeat: At any time during the message you may press the Star key on your telephone to repeat the message in its entirety.
- Emails: If the school sends out a message by email as well as voice, and if you supply the school with your email address, you can be included in the email broadcasting service.